Sell My House Fast Wirral

What Documents Do I Need to Sell My House?

What Documents Do I Need to Sell My House?

Published on

Share :

Selling your house can be exciting yet daunting, especially when you need to gather all the necessary paperwork. From legal documents to property records, several important documents are required when you sell your home.

If you plan on selling your property, it’s vital to understand the types of documents that you need to provide. For a streamlined property transaction, you should have these documents gathered before selling your property.

However, some individuals are unsure of what type of documents are required. Whether this is your first time selling a home or your second, it’s beneficial to know what’s required. To find out more about the types of documents needed to sell your home, continue reading.


Essential Documents Needed to Sell Your House

Knowing which documents to gather before selling your property is vital. We understand that some people are unsure of what documents are needed, especially those who might be selling a property for the first time. Let’s go through some of the essential documents needed to sell a property.


Proof of Identity

When it comes to selling your home, you’ll be required to provide proof of identity. Both estate agents and mortgage lenders will need proof of identity by law.

You’ll need to provide either a passport or driving licence and proof of address; however, your estate agent could ask for more proof of your identity upon request. It’s important to provide some proof of identity before the selling process can begin, so be sure to have evidence of your identity ready.


Title Deeds

Title deeds are perhaps the most important documents when selling a property. These particular documents prove your ownership of the property that’s being sold and provide crucial details that people will need to know about.

If you have a mortgage on your property, your lender will typically hold the title deeds until you’ve paid your mortgage off in full. However, if you don’t have a mortgage and own your property outright, the property title deeds should be in your possession.

If your property is registered with the Land Registry, and you’re unsure where your title deeds are, you can request a new copy.


Property Title Plan

Essentially, a property title plan shows any rights of way or other legal interests that affect the land. This key document is usually included with the title deeds, which are either held by you or your mortgage provider. It provides valuable information for both the buyer and seller.


Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)

An energy performance certificate (EPC) is an important document that’s considered a legal requirement when selling a property in the UK.

The certificate rates the energy efficiency of your property on a scale from A to G, with A being the most efficient and G being the least. Before making an offer, potential buyers have the right to check the EPC, so you must have this document to hand before considering putting your property on the market.


Fittings and Contents Form (TA10)

Commonly known as TA10, the fittings and content form lists any fixtures and fittings included in the sale of the property. This important document could help avoid any issues or misunderstandings between both you and the buyer.

From kitchen appliances to light fixtures, anything that you decide to leave behind in your property once it’s sold should be listed clearly within the fittings and content form.


Property Information Form (TA6)

Providing detailed information regarding your property for potential buyers, the property information form, which is also known as TA6, covers several aspects.

These include disputes, boundaries, and alterations that have been made to your property, as well as any ongoing legal issues that buyers should be aware of. You must complete the TA6 both accurately and honestly to avoid any legal complications further down the line.


Mortgage Documents

If you still have an outstanding mortgage on your property, you’ll be required to show mortgage documentation to either your solicitor or conveyancer.

Mortgage documents provide important details about your mortgage lender, including the outstanding balance and any redemption penalties. Your mortgage lender and solicitor should work together to obtain a settlement figure to pay off the mortgage upon sale completion.


Leasehold Documents (If Applicable)

If your property is leasehold rather than freehold, you’ll need to provide additional documents relating to the lease.

This includes a copy of the lease agreement, details of ground rent and service charges, and any restrictions or obligations imposed by the lease. If you do have a leasehold property, your solicitor will require the leasehold information pack from either your managing agent or freeholder.


Gas Safety and Electrical Certificates

Buyers might want to know if your boiler has been checked and operates safely. A gas safety certificate is issued by registered gas safety engineers, and although not legally required, it’s beneficial to have this certificate before selling your home.

Additionally, buyers might ask for an electrical safety certificate, which is also known as an electrical installation condition report.

You’ll need to provide this document if you’ve extended or altered the wiring on your property. However, you’re under no legal obligation to provide this document if you’ve made no electrical changes, but having it on hand during the selling process could be seen as an advantage.


Building Regulations and Planning Permissions

If significant changes have been made to your home, you will have to provide documents that prove these property alterations comply with building regulations and that you had planning permission.

You can prove that your alterations comply with regulations with a building regulations compliance certificate. These certificates confirm that the building work that’s been carried out is completely safe. Building regulation compliance certificates can be obtained by private companies or your local authority.


Are You Considering Selling Your Home?

We understand that the process of selling your home can be both challenging and time-consuming, especially if you need to sell your house quickly. There are numerous reasons why some homeowners need to sell their property fast.

Unfortunately, the traditional route of selling your property can be lengthy, leaving you stuck in your property much longer than expected. If this is the case for you, you’ll be glad to know that we can help.

At Sell My House Fast Wirral, we offer a quick and easy solution to selling your property. We purchase a range of properties across the Wirral from homeowners who don’t have time to complete the traditional process of selling their property.

Founded by local property experts, we consist of a team of knowledgeable and experienced professionals who allow you to sell your home quickly in the simplest possible way. Essentially, our service includes buying your home for a fair cash offer.

Whether you need to relocate due to new work opportunities or you’re going through a divorce or separation, you can rely on us to help. Simply fill out our online form and wait to receive a fair cash offer in as little as 24 to 48 hours.

Our service allows for a quick property sale. If you’re interested in selling your home to us for a cash offer, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Get a free cash offer in 24 hours

Ready to sell your house quickly in Wirral? With us, you can start the process right now and receive a free, no-obligation cash offer within 24 hours! Our efficient and transparent approach ensures you get a fair offer fast, without any hassle.